Search Blacklist

Friday, January 11, 2013

How BJJ & MMA has made me Stronger!

Blacklist LLC Lounge
How BJJ & MMA has made me a better Father, Husband, Instructor & Business Man

I've been training in Martial Arts (Mainly BJJ) for 12 years, Kickboxing & MMA about 6. I've also been teaching scene 2006 when we opened up our first school in Lockport, La.

Through out this time I have been faced with lots of ups and downs. Some of these obstacles would have made a normal man crack. I believe that competing in BJJ & MMA has made me a stronger man. Nothing is more real than being locked in a cage with another fighter and having to fight for our survival and pride.

When you look at the walls in my academy they are filled with metals, banners and awards that I've won. What you don't see is the matches I've lost, the emotional and physical pain I've been though. These losses are what had sharpened my steel and made me the man & leader I am today. Learning how to pick myself up and having my family and coaches behind me has only made us closer as a family.

I believe that through the hard training, the victories, the defeats I've learned I can overcome  any obstacle in my way!

No comments: